Day: October 8, 2010
I find a certain irony in the notion that my immediate reaction to this was to signal-boost it. But, you know, he’s right. (And he identifies succinctly the reason I almost never join the “if you agree with this put it in your journal/status/etc” memes, even when I do, in fact, agree wholeheartedly with them.)
i bloviate – Adding Action to your Activism
Here is an acid test—before you post that insipid status update or press send on that annoying email, ask yourself one simple question: “What is the purpose of my message? What do I want recipients to do?” If your answer involves “spreading awareness” and “pass it on” and solely that, delete the message, sign out of Facebook or your email, get up out of your chair, and go do something for that cause you care so much about.
- 08:39:31: @seananmcguire It’s your world. I’m just happy I get to live in it.
- 14:44:34: @catvalente The domain name “so-not-sf.com” is available for your ironic utilisation. 🙂
- 14:55:55: @alydenisof My favourite odd crisps flavour is prawn. 🙂
- 15:08:01: @fleetfootmike Its odd only in the sense that we don’t have it here, and an American was asking for examples of UK weird crisps flavours.
- 15:08:26: @fleetfootmike Frankly, I wish we *could* get it here. It’s a long trip just for a pack of crisps!
- 15:50:48: @vixy The Revolution Will Be Live-Streamed!
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com