Rather than try to backtrack and find everyone I’ve seen post this so I can answer it individually, I thought I’d just post it here, behind this cut tag. Since some of the questions are specific to the questioner, feel free to leave a comment if you’d like me to give you a more personal answer to one of them.
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
I am currently in several serious relationships. I am blessed beyond belief with love.
2) What was your dream growing up?
I always wanted to be a rock star. Honestly, sometimes I still do.
3) What talent do you wish you had?
There’s several. I have no real aptitude for foreign languages, which I kind of regret. But if I have to pick one, I’d say that I wish I had a lot more musical talent than I actually do.
(This isn’t me being self deprecating, btw, before anyone objects. I have a reasonable amount of music *skill*. That’s not the same thing as talent, which is that quality that makes certain things easier for one person than for another.)
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Depending on my mood, either a good single malt scotch, a good hard cider, or some sweet mixed drink. I don’t much like beer and gin, and everything else I’m pretty flexible with.
5) Favorite vegetable?
I like a great many vegetables. I don’t know that I want to pick a favourite. Cucumbers are good.
6) What was the last book you read?
How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill.
7) What zodiac sign are you?
Cancer. (I don’t put much stock in astrology — although I enjoy reading Rob Brezney's weekly horoscopes — but I was amused once to be told by a mythology professor that I was the most “typical cancer male she’d ever met”)
8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
While I admire tattoos on other people, I’ve never gotten one for myself, not from any serious objection to them but because I can’t really think of anything I want to put permanently onto my body.
I have to admit I’m not a big fan of body piercing. It’s not a huge issue to me, but I don’t care for it.
9) Worst Habit?
Procrastination. When I’m depressed, it gets worse, but even at the best of times I’m prone to put off anything that I don’t want to do for as long as I can.
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
For values of “you” that include almost anyone on my friends list, of course!
11) What is your favorite sport?
Baseball was the passion of my youth. I’ve been a big fan of the Red Sox and the Braves since I was a kid. In the last few years, though, I find I don’t watch it much anymore, or really keep up.
I’d like to see more cricket, now that fleetfootmike has explained it to me well enough that I understand it. But I don’t tend to see it on TV, and I’ve been too lazy to stream it on the computer.
12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
I work hard to have an Optimistic attitude. My basic theory is that a positive attitude doesn’t always make things better, but a negative attitude usually makes things worse, so go with the odds.
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Talk. Sing. Make out. Depends on who “you” are.
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
Probably the housefire in 1998. Nothing else remotely compares to it. Of course, some good came from it as well; it was a big reason that I learned to play the guitar.
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
I can pick up things with my toes.
16) Do you have any pets?
I have two cats, Dayna and Jenna.
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
If you showed up at my house unexpectedly, I would still have two cats.
18) What was your first impression of me? (hmmm…careful!)
Again, depends on who you is.
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Neither. Mostly, I find them kinda boring, to be honest. Give me a good magician any day.
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
I’d drop about 100 pounds. I don’t want to, nor do I ever expect, to be thin, but I’d like to be more fit.
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
Both. We’d commit very moral crimes in the name of justice.
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
Yes. If you ever bounce a cheque, kids, don’t lose the notice and forget to pay it. It’s a dumb way to end up in a sheriff’s care.
24) Bottle or can soda?
Glass bottles. Not that you can find them anymore. I hate cans.
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Today? Take some time off and fly to England for the UK filkcon. The rest would go to pay off debt.
27) What’s your favorite place to hang at?
My computer room. I spend most of my time there.
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
I have no substantial evidence to support the existence of ghosts, but neither do I have a strong conviction they don’t. I’ve never seen one myself.
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Heh heh heh…. (As if you’re surprised)
30) Do you swear a lot?
I used to. I’ve tried to purge the habit.
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
Oh yes. Romance is awesome!
34) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you chose?
There are several places I’ve been that I think “I could happily live here.” London, San Francisco, Boston. But Atlanta isn’t all bad, either. Mostly, I’d like to live closer to my sweeties, but since they’re spread across multiple time zones, that doesn’t work out to one place.
35) Do you believe in God?
I am an orthodox agnostic, by which I don’t mean “I don’t know”, but “That isn’t knowable.” I think that God is possible, and that people have come up with some very good ideas through their attempt to understand what they believed was God and that those things might be worth examining. But at the end of the day, I’m more interested in people than I am in a hypothetical Deity.