Meme vectored from aiela
1. Who was your first prom date?
I never officially went to the prom, but I was one of the sophmores who worked as waitstaff for the Junior/Senior, and at the very end of the dance, they released us from duty and I got to dance with Shannon Wood, who I had a huge crush on, and then floated all the way home.
2. Who was your first roommate?
Markus Fuchs, a thoroughly weird German boy who was addicted to bad American TV Game shows. I dated one girl briefly who wouldn’t come around to my dorm room because she thought he was spooky. He was nice enough when you got to know him, but a very odd young man.
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time?
Bourbon and water. I was three. I have no actual memory of this, but the stories I’ve been told are rather amusing.
4. What was your first job?
Inventory Clerk. I was hired by the Martin County Board of Education when I was 16 to help create a physical inventory of all the county’s assets.
5. What was your first car?
A fire-engine red 1977 Buick Century, a handmedown from my mother. I got the car in 1986, when I got my license, and drove it until it blew a head gasget in 1992 and I decided it wasn’t worth repairing anymore. (My second car was a 1973 Buick LeSabre).
6. When did you go to your first funeral?
My Great-Aunt Hazel’s in 1986 or so, when I was 16. It was decided that I wasn’t emotionally prepared for my grandmother’s funeral in 1982. (In retrospect, I only recall having attended three funerals, and of those only one from my own family. I went to deidrecorwyn‘s uncle’s funeral, and to our friend Roger’s father’s funeral a few years later.
7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
I was 18, and moved all of 35 miles away to Greenville, NC to attend East Carolina University. When I was 19, I moved from there to Athens, GA, which was a much more signifigant relocation.
8. Who was your first grade teacher?
I hate to say this, but I haven’t the faintest idea. I’m sure she was a lovely person, but I don’t think I could place her in a lineup.
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
I was 32 years old the first time I took a plane ride, when I flew up to Boston to spend a week with tigerbright and teddywolf in preparation to drive back to Atlanta with kitanzi when she was moving in with me.
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
I don’t really recall sneaking out of my house much, but if I did, it was probably with my friend Jaimie.
11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?
First Best Friend I can remember was probably Jaimie, but we drifted apart when we were about 12 or 13. But I am still in constant contact with hejira2006, who I’ve known since Jr. High School.
12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?
In Jones Dorm at East Carolina University.
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
Depends on what kind of bad day, but usually if its bad enough I need to call someone, kitanzi. I’m more likely to vent at someone on my IM list, or to the folks on #filkhaven, though.
14. Who’s wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen?
I’ve never had the honour. I was supposed to be at hejira2006‘s wedding, but last minute logistics prevented me from attending, which I still deeply regret (and I have to say resent in some small part the particulars of the circumstances). I am, however, expecting to play a part in aiela‘s wedding next year, and I will move heaven and earth to ensure I am there for it.
15. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Mutter profanities. Then I check my e-mail.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to?
Hrm. Probably the 1986 Monkees reunion tour, with The Grass Roots, Gary Puckett, and Herman’s Hermits.
17. First tattoo or piercing?
Not one, to date.
18. First celebrity crush?
Hard to recall. Quite possibly Felicity Kendall on “Good Neighbors”