I am amused, verily.
Month: December 2005 Page 1 of 2
This year I’ve been busy!
Last month I put gum in telynor‘s hair (-12 points). In July I committed genocide… Sorry about that, cadhla (-5000 points). Last Monday I helped kitanzi across the street (6 points). In August I donated bone marrow to catalana in a life-saving procedure (300 points). Last Wednesday I didn’t flush (-1 points).
Overall, I’ve been naughty (-4707 points). For Christmas I deserve a spanking!
Yeah, that sounds fair. Any volunteers? 😉
Hey, everyone. kitanzi went into surgery for her shoulder at 10:30am, and was done in about an hour. The doctor said that everything went smoothly, and she’s now resting comfortably on the couch in front of the TV. She probably won’t be in front of the computer much the next few days, since her arm is in a sling, but so far, everything is going very well. She’ll see the doctor again next Thursday and they’ll start to discuss rehab/PT options at that time.
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and support. They mean a lot to both of us!
Mr Tumnus: [as Aslan is about to swat a fly] Mr. Secretary, Narnia abstains, courteously.
[Aslan raises a huge paw at Tumnus, then draws back]
Aslan: Mr. Tumnus, [pause, then roars] WHAT IN THE NAME OF TASH GOES ON IN NARNIA?
Mr. Tumnus: I’m sorry, my lord, but the simple fact is that our legislature has never sent us explicit instructions on anything!
Aslan: NEVER? [slams paw onto his desk] That’s impossible!
Mr Tumnus: My lord, have you ever been to Caer Paravel?
[Aslan shakes his head “No”]
Mr. Tumnus: There are four thrones there, to seat the two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve who are to rule all of Narnia. But the four thrones have been empty for a very long time. With the result that nothing ever gets done. [turns to the Congress as he returns to his seat] I beg the Congress’s pardon.
Aslan: [grimly] My sympathies, Mr. Tumnus.
I think I only mentioned somewhat obliquely that my T-mobile sidekick broke back in September. At the time, I couldn’t afford to replace it, and so I just swapped my SIM chip into one of the old GSM phones we had and figured I’d look into getting another decent phone later.
Today, I finally went in to see what could be done. T-mobile no longer offers replacement plans on the phone, so the best they’d offer was a new phone at $X, with an extension of my contract. I haggled with the store manager and got it down to $X less $50, and brought it home.
Unfortunately, all my data from the old phone is long gone, which includes what was at the time my most current address book. So, If you’d like me to have your most current contact info, please put it in a comment to this entry (all comments are screened and will remain private), or send an email to me (email@example.com). I’d love to have the following info:
Thanks in advance!!
Memage vectored from maedbh7
Would you… (All Comments Screened)
1. give me your number?
2. let me hug you anytime I wanted to?
3. let me kiss you?
4. watch a movie with me…even a really sappy one?
5. let me take you out to dinner?
6. drive me somewhere/anywhere?
7. take a shower with me?
8. have a fling with me?
9. listen to me if I called you crying even if you were out with all of your friends?
10. buy me a drink if i didn’t have money?
11. take me home for the night?
12. let me sleep in your bed?
13. sing karaoke w/ me?
14. sit in the doctors office with me because I didn’t want to go alone?
15. re-post this for me to answer your questions?
16. come pick me up at 3am because my car ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere?
20. cry if I died?
21. dance with me?
22. sing happy birthday to me?
23. take advantage of me if I was drunk?
24. strip for me?
(Note: I don’t know what the missing questions 17-19 are. It was on fire when I laid down on it.)
Coming this fall to London’s West End
teams up with
Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersen
to bring you the hot new musical
Waiting for Bobby Fischer
The play takes place during a world chess tournament where Fischer, as usual, fails to show up. Starring Barry McGovern and Elaine Paige. Reserve your tickets today!
Memage from celticdragonfly
Google your name with the phrase “looks like.” Be sure to put it in quotation marks like “Joe Bob looks like”
- Rob looks like he doesn’t want to play anymore.
- Rob looks like Cedric to me because in the promotional photos
- Rob looks like he’s carrying.
- Rob looks like he is saying, “What is that thing on your lip?”
- Rob looks like John Cusack in seedy overdrive
- Rob looks like a member of N’Sync.
- Rob looks like he’s lost a bit of weight since the last public appearance he and Amber made
- Rob looks like he’s about to cry when his mom comes out.
- Rob looks like an elf
- Rob looks like him, and a few of the moms in the playground get tongue tied when he’s around.