Two memes for the price of one. First, from tigerbright
1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what’s the first thing you look at?
Probably my hair, to see how unruly it’s gotten since I last looked.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Eight dollars and fifty-six cents.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “TEST”?
4. Favorite plant?
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
- Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Eric “George Orwell” Blair. Also Lord Louis Mountbatten, Broadway directory George Abbott, King Crimson guitarist Ian McDonald.
- Where was your first kiss?
First romantic kiss was outside of a cast party when I was in high school, with the seriously cute viola player from the orchestra.
- Have you ever seriously vandalised someone else’s property?
- Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
As much as that feels like a different person…yes.
- Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Quite often, actually.
- What’s the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
How their face changes when they smile.
- What really turns you on?
- What do you order at coffee shops?
- What is your biggest mistake?
If “biggest mistake” is defined as “thing you must regret”, not choosing SQ when I had the chance. On the other hand, given the chance to change that decision, I wouldn’t, because then I wouldn’t end up where I am today.
- Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
- Say something totally random about yourself.
Given a chance, I will wear as little as I can possibly get away with.
- Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Can’t say that anyone has.
- Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
Absolutely! Still sometimes read kiddy books, too.
- Did you have braces?
Sometimes, but I prefer to wear a belt.
- Are you comfortable with your height?
Not especially. It’s sometimes useful to be this tall, but its sometimes awkward, too.
- What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
Brought me flowers just to cheer me up.
- Do you speak any other languages?
No, though I regret that. I just haven’t put forth the effort to really learn another one.
- Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
- What magazines do you read?
Current subscriptions: National Geographic, Smithsonian, Entertainment Weekly, Playboy, SysAdmin, Network Computing, Consumer Reports, Poets and Writers. Oh, and Xenofilkia 🙂
- Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yep. I hired a limo to take us from the airport to the hotel when we went to ConCertino a couple of years ago. 🙂
- Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
- Do you watch mtv?
Not anymore. Really, not since Martha Quinn left.
- What’s something that really annoys you?
People who call but don’t leave a message
- What’s something you really like?
- Do you like Michael Jackson?
Couldn’t say. I’ve never met him.
- Can you dance?
After a fashion. (Said fashion being ‘white people on Soul Train’)
- What’s the latest you have ever stayed up?
After 70 straight hours, the word “latest” ceased to have any real meaning.
- Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Yep. May 20, 1998, the night my apartment burned down. I had second-degree burns over 80% of my back and shoulders.
- Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Of course I do. People are interesting.
🙂 Hope you are doing well. Haven’t seen you in ages!
Doing pretty well, thanks. Slogging through some medical stuff right now, but nothing serious. (See recent posts if you really want to know.)
Hope you’re doing well too!
What *is* that icon?
A lemming, of course.
I love yours. I may steal it. 🙂
Ah, I never realized lemmings were that plump.
Enjoy the icon -- it’s from a webcomic, http://www.absurdnotions.org/
This one is from http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/
I love Absurd Notions. Hope it de-idles soon.
I knew there was a reason I read all the way through this:
Said fashion being ‘white people on Soul Train’)
Have I told you that I adore you?
(ps -- me too!)
“Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key” is one of the songs that Riverfolk covers. It’s even on our CD “Meander”. It’s a great song!