So, I solicited people to select some questions for me to answer, and I’ve (as usual) been procrastinating. But I do intend to answer them all, so here’s the first one, courtesy of tigerbright:
20. Five words/phrases that make me laugh.
These probably are funnier if you know what they’re from, but just for giggles, I’m not going to identify them. This is hardly an exhaustive list. It is merely a small sampling of phrases that are typical of the sort which are prone to make me laugh.
1. They say of the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is…
2. Look, it’s the four pillars of the male heterosexual psyche. We like: naked women, stockings, lesbians, and Sean Connery best as James Bond. Because that is what being a bloke is.
3. The huge yellow spaceships hung in the air in exactly the same way that bricks don’t.
4. If it can be conceived as music, it can be executed as music, and presented to an audience in such a way that they will perceive it as music: “Look at this. Ever seen one of these before? I built this for you. What do you mean, ‘What the fuck is it?’ It’s a goddam ETUDE, asshole.
5. Have fun being Under Construction. After sex and ripe French cheeses, it’s one of the best things life has to offer.