eloren is a temptress. No really.
Yesterday, as we went to lunch, she casually says to me, “By the way, I think a used bookstore opened up in John’s Creek.” So after lunch, we swung by to see when it was open, and since it was, you know, open right then, we stopped in to have a look.
Used bookstores and me are a volatile combination. Financially, at least.
So what’d I find there?
- Fran Leibowitz – The Fran Leibowitz Reader
(This is an omnibus of her two books of essays — I had one already)
- Isaac Asimov – The Relativity of Wrong
(A collection of science essays)
- Diana Wynne Jones – Deep Secret
(telynor loaned me this one when it was in hardback, and I loved it)
- Alan Dean Foster – The Paths of the Perambulator
(This is book #5 in the Spellsinger series, and the only one I was missing)
- John W. Campbell, ed. – Analog 6
(short story anthology)
- Michael Fedo – The Man From Lake Wobegon
(a biography of Garrison Keillor)
- Terry Pratchett – Witches Abroad
- A.E. Van Vogt – The Book of Van Vogt
- Don Sakers, ed. – Carmen Miranda’s Ghost Is Haunting Space Station 3
(the short story collection inspired by the filksong)
And this was me trying to restrain myself *G*
I’m really happy to have a decent used bookstore that *isn’t* a 45 minute drive away. I hope to give them a lot of business in the near future. 🙂